Photo via: divaofdiy.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- So you wanna get that farmhouse look, huh? Well you’re in the right spot my friends. I have created a complete style guide for those of you that are in the process of transitioning to farmhouse decor. What you’ll find here are my best recommendations for key items that truly have the biggest impact in your home: paint colors, area rugs,…Continue Reading
- René from Cottage and Vine offers you 6 easy ways to improve the curb appeal of your home. Try giving your front door a fresh coat of paint to really revitalize the exterior of your home. Be sure to use KILZ Primer before painting your door to ensure that you get a bright, vivid color that’s protected against weathering so your stylish new look can last you for years to come.
- Week 4 of One Room Challenge and Tips to Successfully Reupholster a Chair and add decorative nail head trim. The perfect diy to update your home decor.
- Pictures and art add beauty to any room – even the bathroom! See how I chose the PERFECT artwork to go with our bathroom paint color undertones! Plus the simple DIY trick I use to hang pictures perfectly straight, even and at the correct height EVERY TIME – no more guesswork! Take the mystery out of what size and color of art to hang in a bathroom and the correct height to hang it with a few simple decor guidelines! Im also sharing 5 useful interior home decor tips to get that designer look …
- Look up for headboard materials: Use tin ceiling tiles. Cut a pattern from kraft paper in your desired size and shape. Trace the pattern onto plywood, and cut using a jigsaw. Place tin tiles on the plywood, allowing tiles to overhang. Use adhesive caulk to secure tiles one at a time to the plywood. Use tin snips to cut the tiles to the shape of the plywood. Grind down any rough edges. Paint the tin and sides, and let dry. Hang at desired height using a cleat.
- Weekend DIY Project: A new house number display is an easy way to update the entrance to your home.
- Unify Areas Through Color When merging pieces from different design styles, a coat of paint can easily help you unify pieces. Notice how the modern white floating shelves look right at home with the vintage desk. Originally the desk was black, but after a couple of coats of high-gloss paint we have a duo that is not only functional, but also easy on the eyes. Photo courtesy of Camila Pavone.
- Drop cloth fabric is cheap, durable and perfectly rustic. Learn how to paint drop cloth fabric and use it for curtains, pillows and simple upholstery. via @ReinventedKB
- DIY: How To Paint Upholstery – this is a great tutorial that shows how she painted this chair for $30.
- Drop cloth fabric is cheap, durable and perfectly rustic. Learn how to paint drop cloth fabric and use it for curtains, pillows and simple upholstery.
- Modern farmhouse inspired styles are extremely trendy, as seen on popular design show Fixer Upper, with designers pulling from French, Industrial and Country styles featuring these paint colors. Achieve the rustic, but soft modern farmhouse look in your own home with these paint colors!
- Day 5: My Favorite Way to Update Your Kitchen It’s here! The final day of the Postbox Designs 5 Day Design Challenge-I hope you have been inspired, motivated, and your own creative juices are flowing now! If you missed any of the days, here is the easy breezy shortcut to them all: DAY 1: Update [ Read More… ] …